From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:28:41 +0200
Peter

It depends on what you are looking for.

In Chile we have our first outbreak of american foulbrood two years ago. If
you went for a 10% sampling of yards you easily couldn`t find any cells with
simptoms, so we have to increase the sampling to 20% to be 95% confident
that a yard was free of AFB.

I guess Bob is rigth in the case of CCD, since you do not know what you are
looking at, one would have to increase the size of the sample.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.