From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 11:04:46 -0300
>I used to drop the swarm into a wedge shaped screen basket (12x18' and 15'
>deep) mounted on a pole and carry the swarm aside and lay the basket on a
>board in front of an empty hive.  They'd usually go in but sometimes you'd
>have to encourage them with a feather/brush.  At nite, close the hive and
>take it home.
>
>Dennis Cain

Do you think Dennis that they will accept the hive better if they go in
themselves?  In a similar situation I would generally dump the swarm into
the hive body, not an empty body, but one with some undrawn foundation if it
was available.  I do not know which method is better.  I have had very few
leave, but then that is probably the same with you.

Stan Sandler