From:
Tom Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 23:56:02 -0400
since my last note on bumble bees I encountered a bee that we wish to
identify.
Background ,Art Favreau , local bee equipment supplier and  very busy
beekeeper
polinator and honey marketer with his wife Deb .has put out some pollination
units and was called by the customer saying that the bees had strayed to a
neighbors
yard. On innvestigating he found that the bees she complained about were
burrowing into her yard, Samples were captured. Not bumble bees that I am
used to but small
grey and black gals about the size of a honey bee.  None of my books have
very much about bumble bees or other wild ground living bees,

If some one can help we will be glad to send samples for identification.
Do any of you had references to some good wild bee literature.