From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2013 07:09:18 -0700
>Fight the bees and you will lose.

> Work with the bees and you will win.

Allen, more true words have never been said!

But it was a low blow to blame the bees for reality TV...they had no way to
know that humans might go in that direction.

> It could be said the *pure Russian line* is more varroa tolerant than the
mongrel Italian bee.

That is also my experience.

Jeremy, I find it hard to believe that you feel that management of Russians
is the same as that of Italians.  Even the Russian breeders that I've
spoken with agree that one must manage them differently.  This is not a
criticism of the Russians--it's just that they respond to environmental
clues differently, build up and produce honey differently, swarm and
supersede differently, and winter differently.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA