From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2013 08:31:31 -0400
> According to the medical dictionary, "neonicotinoids" are "a class of insecticides which act selectively on nicotinic acetylcholine receptors of insects

That is a definition of what it does, not what it is. Like saying knives and guns are the same because they are both murder weapons. These compounds have similar effects but the chemistry is very different. The point I was trying to make was that if laws are enacted to ban certain classes of insecticides, other ones will be invented with different structures that have similar modes of action, just like this one. For the same reason that banning guns won't prevent murders, as long as knives are available.