From:
Rick Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 1994 13:45:12 +0000
I've enjoyed the glove discussion!  One thing to keep in mind while we
converse
on the BEE-L is that many of the participants are not from the USA.  This
contributes to the diversity of experiences reported on the list.  I am
not at all surprised to hear Andreas report how nasty bees have always been,
while others don't even wear protective gear. I noticed that Andreas's e-mail

address ended in .CY - I'm not up on my internet addressing, but I KNOW that
is not in the US!!  Maybe Andreas has grown up dealing with African Honey Bees,

and considers their temperament to be normal, whereas others are used to
a "kinder, gentler" type of bee.

So, I guess this is a long-winded way to remind folks that it is helpful
to include something in your e-mail that indicates where you are from.

Thanks!

Rick Hough, a beekeeper from NE of Boston, MA, USA.

PS -  I have not gotten any contributions for a BEE-L Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) list. I've been reviewing the archives
to see what has actually been being discussed (most frequent item:
how do I subscribe/unsubscribe from the list!!!).  So, if there is
something that you feel striongly should be on the FAQ list,
e-mail your suggestion to me. Please include both the question AND
THE ANSWER, so I can cut & paste your suggestions into the master
FAQ.  My initial post of the FAQ probably will not occur until early
March, due to time constraints.