From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 10:17:42 -0700
Leo Walford wrote:

> There has been a lot of discussion recently about the reluctance of bees to draw
> comb the wrong side of an excluder and I am wondering whether I should remove
> the excluder.

        If this is the same hive that has no queen, it does'nt matter. They
probably will not draw foundation without a queen laying unless the
colony somow got very strong before getting queenless. Once the new
queen begins to lay, they still will be reluctant to to draw new comb
until they need it and will first use up the available comb.