From:
Teresa Garcma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 00:08:47 -0600
beeman,

I sometimes use used car oil to control ants, but not IN the hive: The
hives are on bases and the bases are in oil cans. This way the ants
cannot reach the hives.

Dr. Rodriguez uses oil for controlling mites, but he prefers, as far as
I understand, only "Food Grade Mineral Oil". I donīt think it damages
the bees because grease patties are currently used, and it sounds
logical that oil controls external mites, for it does so in the
"superior" species.

Tere