From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:47:24 -0700
>> On the few occasions (in Ireland) that I have handled AMM I have found
>> them gentle, if fact I can't remember being stung by one.  The get their
>> reputation for fiestiness from the introduction of strange genes, usually
>> AML which makes for a cross cross.

Sorry for sounding critical of A.m.m.

However, the A.m.m. feral hybrids in North America, Australia, and
Hawaii are noted for being feisty, which is one reason that the A.m.l.
is preferred as a managed bee.

Just as with the Africans, I'm sure that gentle strains of any race
can be selected for.

Randy Oliver