From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:32:00 -0500
I would be wary of the whole biodynamic school. Typical of their thinking is
this gnarly excerpt:

> In an earlier view of nature, based partly on old mystery-tradition and
partly on instinctive clairvoyance -- a view originating in the times of
Aristotle and his pupil Theophrastus, and continuing on to the days of
Albertus Magnus and the late mediaeval "doctrine of signatures" -- it was
recognised that relationships exist between certain *cosmic constellations*
and the various plant species. These constellations are creative moments
under whose influence species became differentiated and the various plant
forms came into being.

> When one realises that cosmic rhythms have such a significant influence on
the physiology of metabolism, of glandular functions, of the rise and fall
of sap and of sap pressure (turgor), only a small step remains to be taken
by conscious future research to the next realisation, which will achieve an
experimental grasp of these *creative constellations*. Many of Rudolf
Steiner's collaborators have already demonstrated the decisive effects of
formative forces in such experiments as, the capillary tests an filter paper
of L. Kolisko and the plant and crystallisation tests of Pfeiffer, Krüger,
Bessenich, Selawry and others.

> In indications given in the Agriculture Course, Rudolf Steiner showed that
health and resistance are functions of biological balance, coupled with
*cosmic factors*. This is further evidence of how far in advance of its time
was this spiritual-scientific, Goethean way of thought. <