From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 05:25:36 -0700
If you don't want to spend a ton of money just yet,
you can by closeup filters (about $10-20 American)that
come in +1, +2, +3 and +4.  A +2 screwed on the end of
about a 150mm lens brings you in pretty close.  I use
a 400-speed film to allow good shutter speeds.

The only problem is you get very little depth of
field, and you have to position yourself within a few
inches of the subject.  But with honeybees, you can
usually do this.  I've followed a bee around for 5-10
minutes as it worked the flowers in my front yard, and
I've gotten some excellent photos.

Eugene Makovec
Makovec Photography
Kirkwood, MO USA