From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:36:59 -0500
> From 1941-1950 average honey yield was 39 lbs/hive, compared to our recent average of around 62 lbs.  This surprised me.

This may be due to the fact that the number of colonies was ramped up to increase wax production. If one is engaged in rapid increase, honey production can take a hit. Bear in mind, the overall production may have been the same but the number of colonies higher. Per hive yield doesn't mean that much, it's the size of the bottom line vs the amount of labor it takes to get there.

PLB