From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:57:01 -0700
David Adams wrote:  "I have become a big user of  honey b healthy, for the same reason, it can't hurt, it smells good and the bees seem to prefer syrup with it in it verses not.
By the way, someone asked about making your own, I found a recipe for it off bee source a year or two ago, I'll have to dig it up but it was not complicated ,involved a couple of ingredients to make the oils water soluble,but was pretty straight forward."

Reply:  I'm also a big fan of HBH, but it's expensive stuff.  I've seen "recipes" as well, but they are for smaller quantities, usually mixed directly into small batches of syrup by counting "drops" of lemongrass oil.

I have too many hives, not enough patience and not nearly enough time to mess around with small quantities.  I've been working on a recipe for the concentrate that I can add to larger batches of syrup.  I mix my syrup 50 gallons at a time.

Do you mind sharing your recipe or the source of your recipe for the rest of us?

Grant
Jackson, MO