From:
Robert E Neely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 12:40:18 EDT
Hi Juergen:
Sounds as if you have a firecracker on your hands. There is no "quick
fix" that I know of, other than destroying the hive and installing
another package.
Aggressive hives are usually excellent producers. If it is possible to
move it to another location, you know, like the edge of a pasture, wooded
area, etc.
If not, you may try and re queen. Not a virgin queen as your drones may
have the aggressive genes and pass them on.
To move a hive. Seal the opening with duct tape after dark. Then clip the
sections together. Nail a strip to each side and back so they wont come
apart while moving.
For safety sake you may tie them together with heavy cord also.
Otherwise, kill the queen and wait approx three or four days and install
another from a gentle hive. She will get out of her cage in about three
days and they should accept her. If not, try again. Just remember, a good
healthy hive is a valuable asset. You may have to work with them.
If you place a screen on either side and in front about six feet high it
may force them to fly up and thus avoid the yard, wife & kids.
(it seems as if you are now caught between the queens)

Hope that this will in some little way be of help.

Bob Neely
Goose Creek, SC