From:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:14:05 -0600
Aaron wrote  <How many BEE-L members are planning to attend?  Perhaps we can meet
somewhere?>

I'd be glad to meet up with you Aaron and all on Wednesday after the Shared Interest Group Meetings which should end around 5:00-5:30 p.m. For the Hobbyist/Sideliner meeting I have scheduled to speak;

  Barry Thompson (Thompson Apiaries and Barry works with the Beltsville Bee Lab on certain topics )on "Resiliancy"
    -Cannot sideline/hobbyist beekeepers provide backup when disasters adversly affect commercial beekeepers?

  Dr. John Skinner -University of Tennessee - "Removing bees from structures"

  Gary Reuter - Scientist from the University of MN. - "Breeding and Raising Queens on a Small Scale"

  Ginger Reuter - Gary's wife will be speaking on Beeswax- Care and Considerations for Producing Quality Products.

  Dr. Diana Sammataro - Tuscon Bee Lab - Nectar production and Honey Plants of the US.

Hope everyone can make it and stay afterward for a short get acquainted mini-meeting.  I know Randy O. is coming.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

This is shaping up to be the largest event for the beekeeping industry in many years.   Plan on making it if there's any way you can take a day or two out of your schedule.

Tim Tucker