From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:48:10 -0500
Ok, I'm gonna run a test here to see where the bar is being set.

We need to know this if we are to continue here.

I think the moderators will have no choice other than to approve such a
fine letter.  It meets all the criteria for a high quality letter, no
excessive quoting, and the facts are all there, BTW -as do all my
letters! ;)

First day of deer season here in Pennsylvania is on Monday, so here is a
Fine Buck / Bee story.

Southport American
Friday, June 23, 1848 South Port, Wisconsin

A TOUGH STORY.- "As I was once
hunting on the banks of the Sarara,"
said John Hawking, a sportsman, famous
for shooting, both with a long rifle
and a long bow. "I saw a fine buck
on the other side of the river, and blazed
away at him. Just as I drew trigger,
a big salmon leaped up in the middle
of the stream, right between me and
the deer. Fish and buck both dropped.
Quick as thought, I stripped, jumped in,
secured the salmon and made for the
deer. After passing through him, I found
the ball had bored into a bee tree, and
the honey was running out in a stream
as large as a gun barrel. I Looked around
for something to plug up the hole with,
but there was nothing at hand but a
rabbit. So I caught him up and tried
to jam his tail into the hole, but he struggled
so hard that he made me mad, and
flung him away so hard, that I knocked
over three braces of partridges and a
woodcock with him.