From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:35:27 -0500
Hi Peter and others interested,

Peter, I am in the 1 percent who uses 10 frames in a 10 frame brood chamber.

We are going to try 8 frame for brood chambers.
We sell splits and are thinking that, splitting 4 frames
and leaving 4 from a single story, the hive will recover quickly.

We have been using 5 frame nucs and recovery is slow.

I do not like using 9 frames in a 10 frame chamber. Never have, never will.
Frames are normally mismatched enough that they can only be used as a
puzzle.

Too wide and not consistent enough to match with other frames, such as only
with foundation.

For brood chambers, why would you want wide spacing??

Brood cells are only 5/8" deep and this has too large spacing.

Selling splits with regular spacing gives uniformity to the split.

Thanks,

Lionel
Athens, AL. USA