From:
Barry Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 21:07:09 -0800
Excerpts from BEE-L wrote:

> From:          Ron Bogansky <[log in to unmask]>
> To:            [log in to unmask]
>
> I have a question on Buckfast queens.  I did a search in the archives and
> found many posts but none really answered my question.  Does the Buckfast
> breed true?
The pedigree system developed by Brother Adam is a line breeding system in which a pure
bred Buckfast queen is mated in isolation to a known drone source so controlled mating
is required if the the queen is to breed true.

 Assuming there are Buckfast drones will the daughters still be Buckfast,

Without controlled mating these will not be Buckfast, and future generations will not be
Buckfast.

 and if so how many generations (practical) will still be Buckfast?

>Trust this answers your question.

Regards
>--
Barry
RR#1 Seeleys Bay ON. KOH 2NO Tel.  613  387 3171
Buckfast Queens:  Buckfast is the registered trademark of
Dart Abbey Enterprises Ltd. used under licence by Barry Davies