From:
Kim Flottum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:21:01 -0500
Hello,
In defence of the Post Office, I must agree with the writer who has his
magazine on the top of the pile, and had the cover damaged often - it is a
common occurance. Also, because our readers are so spread out very often you
are the only reader in a particular zip code, and your magazine is on the top
of the pile - hence it gets damaged in transit, either because other mail
gets tossed on it, or the material used to bundle it tears the cover.
As far a delivery dates are concerned, we have little control over this
problem. It goes, almost always, back to being the only reader in a
particular zip code, and it just takes time. Also, some, I repeat some, rural
carriers tend to bunch magazines into certain days for delivery and that,
too, delays delivery.
We try to get our magazine out to you on time, and it almost always works,
but not always. And, the Post Office almost always gets it delivered on time.
That's why we try and make each issue timely for the eintire month, rather
than just the first part of the month. We have learned that no matter what
any of us do, sometimes it just doesn't work, and, almost always, it gets
there eventually. Better than not at all.
If you are having trouble receiving your copy, please contact us and we will
look into the matter. Sometimes it is the post office, sometimes the label
falls off (soon to be corrected by ink jetted on the cover), and sometimes
God gets involved. No matter what, we will get you another copy. You paid for
it, and you'll get it. Thanks for being patient.
Kim Flottum,
Editor, Bee Culture