From:
Rett Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:31:56 -0700
I am getting started in beekeeping this spring.  I plan to start with 2
colonies.  One of the books I read said that many beekeepers  put only 8
frames in their honey supers.  This is suppose to make the bees draw out
the comb further (to establish proper "bee space").  The book said that
this deeper comb was easier to uncap, and ultimately produced more honey
per super.  Any thoughts or ideas on this method ??  please respond.
Also is there any reason to use less than 10 frames in the brood
chambers?
Thank you for your time
Rett Thorpe