From:
Dan & Jan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:16:13 -0400
Chuck
Thanks for the reply.

I found bees with their wings "strapped" and wondered what was causing it.
Then in came Bee Culture and it seemed to identify it.

From what I have read that many colonies have endemic virus populations
which manifest themselves in stressed colonies.

It seems to fit our area as we have had to feed all spring just to keep the
colonies alive due to a late spring freeze. We have been waiting for the
goldenrod to give us wintering honey but an August/ Sept drought with less
than 2 X .25 inch showers during the past 4 weeks has not been enough for
the fall flowers to produce any nectar and we are looking at a frost any
time now. They continue to use the few stores gained during the summer so we
continue to regress.

I would suppose that would qualify as stress,

Dan Veilleux
Boone area
In the Mountains of NC