From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 08:50:48 -0700
>I assume that the intent is to open feed, as feeders would moot the
question.

Actually, am talking about using some sort of feeder, since open feeding
honey at this time of year in my location would cause serious problems.
The problem with using feeders with honey is the drowning issue, and the
hassle of pouring multiple gallons of honey into feeders.  The problem with
dilution of the honey is that it then so rapidly ferments in our 90F
weather.

I've used most of the various methods mentioned so far--floating straw or
cappings over honey in a tub feeder.  The baggie method sounds
interesting--I recently tried it with syrup in wastebasket bags placed in
5-gal tubs  in an empty over the top bars.  Will now try with honey.  I
like the fact that using a bag minimizes the bacteria/fungal exposure to
the syrup or honey, and pathogen transmission via defecation.

Thanks all for your feedback!

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA