From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:22:20 -0500
> We have got an hypothesis...
> ...new diesel fuel additives being added to replace sulfur
> and increase fuel mileage might be causing hives to crash.

This would not explain the CCD cases found in non-migratory operations,
nor would it explain the cases of CCD found among East coast migratory
operations.

The East coast operations do not move hives in the cold, but instead,
move north "with the blooms", and move south well before bees are
completely confined by cold.

As an example of a non-migratory operation that reported CCD among their
yards, I can offer Dr. Dewey Caron of U DE.  He's a little hard to
dismiss as someone who might have been mistaken, or might have
misdiagnosed some other problem as "CCD".

It looks like the hypothesis, rather than the diesel fuel, needs
additional refining.  :)