From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:55:04 -0400
FWIW:

It seems to me that labeling GMO ingredients implies that there is some danger associated with them, like the warnings on alcohol and tobacco. No harm has been shown, so this is an unfair penalty to be placed on the manufacturers of products using GMO ingredients. Mostly, there is no choice but to use these ingredients, since they are widespread.

This appears to be another attempt by the organic farming community to tar and feather modern agriculture. Organic farmers make all kinds of claims that their food is better, without any shred of proof that it is. Now, I readily acknowledge that they are entitled to present their products in an appealing way, so as to attract customers who want that type of food.

But this is an effort to smear the competition by suggesting that food produced by conventional agriculture is harmful in some way. There is no proof of this nor is there any proof organic food is better for you. It always slays me when folks try to boost their product by trashing the other guy's. If your product is good, it should sell on its own merit.

Pete