From:
Bob Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 20:32:51 -0500
 I have built several bottom boards from western red cedar fence pickets,
they work just fine. I have also constructed hive bodies from western red
cedar and even redwood. Again no problems whatsoever. In my experience the
cypress hive bodies from Rossman Apiaries in Ga. are excellent. They are a
bit heavier than ponderosa pine, but cypress will last forever. I don't
even paint them.
Bob Young
Lindale, TX