From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 06:46:44 -1000
WAKE US BEEKEEPERS Learn about the National Honey Board  ISSUES.

Join COMB today and volunteer to do some telephone and letter writing work

 Jerry Stroope Organizer COMB
 office phone number is 281-996-1523  Fax. 281-996-9484
 e-mail [log in to unmask]
 mail   Rt.3,Box 258 Alvin, Texas 77511

 CONTRIBUTIONS AND MEMBER SUPPORT ARE NEEDED NOW

  BEEKEEPERS come to attention and speak out before it is too late.

> PS I have heard that none of the BEE organizations and the Publications
> ABJ and BEE CULTURE will not print any more letters about the National
> Honey Board Issue.
> Futher they may not accept paid advertising about the NHB issue. I hope
> this is wrong and I will find out and repoert back to the list.

Correction I called today and the correct information is:
        I just spoke to Joe Graham at ABJ and he said that the ABJ would run the
letters submitted by April 30th (double check that date) in the June issue.
He said he had notified the three groups AHPA, ABF and COMB of the
deadlines. He did confirm that ABJ would not accept paid ads about the
issue. He also agreed to print in the May issue the contact information for
COMB if submitted this week. He said he only ran the COMB article in the
March issue as it was submitted. His e-mail is [log in to unmask]
        I just hung up with Kim Flottum at BEE Culture and he reports that he will
only run short editorials about the NHB issue if submitted. He says he is
flooded with long letters about the issue and his editorial
decision is that he can not do the issue Justice even if he gave 6 pages to
the issue. He did say that Paid advertising would be accepted and
published. He also said he would run in his May issue the COMB information
about organization efforts and the contact information if submitted this
week his deadline is now and his e-mail is [log in to unmask]

Come on Beekeepers this is a BIG issue.

Walter in Hawaii A fighting mad COMB member