From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:55:01 +0200
I usually have around 95% acceptance when introducing a mated queen in
a production colony. I produce the queens myself so they are taken
from the mating nucs a day before.

I cage the old queen two days in the middle of brood nest. Then swap
the cage with the new queen and leave for a week. After two days the
bees realize there is something wrong with the queen and are happy to
get a newly mated young queen instead.

This mean we have to go twice to the yards, but the benefit of good
acceptance is worth it to me. This also works right after end of flow
when bees are in robbing mood and very defensive.
--
P-O