From:
RICHARD BARNES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 10:42:36 -0500
If it makes enough money that you start to feel guilty, talk to a CPA about
what you will need to do.  Each state/country has different laws and here in
Oklahoma, sales tax is complicated by the fact of where you sell the
product.  Health codes for packaging are different in different areas and
product liability insurance is another problem all together.  Income tax may
be the easiest part of the whole thing.

Basis in a hive is what you paid for the hive.
I always expense the queens.
Expense everything possible (sec 179 depreciation will let you deduct about
everything in the
year purchased, for small producers)

One of the best sources of information would be to find the local beekeepers
association and join.  Many of the people you will meet will be able to hive
you "first hand" knowledge.

Richard Barnes, C.P.A.
Duncan, OK, 73533