From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:09:31 -0700
Hi, all.  I haven't seen this mentioned.  When I first cut and
screened my bottom board last summer, many bees clustered on the
bottom of the screen.  The top of the screen, of course, was covered
with bees, making those outside feel at home there.  Will the outside
bees decide later to move inside, I wondered?  So I stapled a sheet
of plastic to the 1 1/2" spacer I located below the bottom board (to
keep the mites from crawling back up).  This decreases the drastic
ventilation, of course, but I keep the entrance open all year so that
likely doesn't matter much.  I would like to read comments on this
matter.  Dan