From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:06:35 +0900
Bill Mares wrote:
>    Someone at a local beekeepers' meeting suggested the following:
>    When you replace an aging queen, find her, kill her, then rub her
>body on the cage of the new queen and carry out the rest of the new
>queen introduction as usual.  Supposedly, this makes the bees more
>accepting of the new queen.

I always drop the old queen's body inside the hive.  I was informed by an
experienced beekeeper some years back that the bees will know within 30
minutes that she is dead.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
J.H. & E. McAdam<[log in to unmask]
http://kigateway.eastend.com.au/hogbay/hogbay1.htm

Why not visit the South Australian Superb Websites Ring?
http://kw.mtx.net/sawebring/sawebring.html