Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 06:28:06 -0400
>the premise of the research is that at the new
>site, those foragers from the day before,  fly out and never return,  to far
>from the old home,  no remembering the new one

no formal data, but my friend wanted to move a hive  from one location on a farm to another.  We loaded it up and moved it to  pollination job he had.  Two week later  brought it back to the new location.  When we were leaving went by the old location and thought there was a swarm forming, turns out the hive went queenless, and best we could figure the old worker bees went looking at the old location for their queen.  If they all would have gone missing at the pollination contract they wouldn't have still been in the hive two weeks later to return to the old location? at least that's our theory and were sticking to it.