From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:20:47 -0500
Interesting, word is that buyers are offering to buy Canadian white honey at
$US 1.23, FOB West Coast of Canada.  Sellers in this neighborhood (East
Coast) are offering at $US 1.50, but the large buyers are responding 'at
this time, we are not buying'.  Now, we have very little white honey
available as most is Extra Light Amber (ELA).

One large seller of ELA is offering at $1.30, the others, AFAIK, are holding
out for $1.45-$1.50.  My guess is that they are not going to get it.  But,
hey, I wish them luck.

A real problem is that because of Homeland Security regulations it is about
impossible to get a 'one time' shipment of Canadian honey into the US.  That
will stop many potential East Coast buyers from going to Quebec or Ontario
to get honey.

Lloyd