From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:32:47 -0700
At 09:05 PM 6/22/98 +1200, you wrote:
>My understanding is that Kashmir B virus has been detected in
>Australia and the US (and NZ!).  Further, I was told by Dr Denis
>Anderson, Bee Pathologist, that Kashmir B virus has been found in
>every population of honeybees that has been examined...

>Far be it for *me* to say this is a smokescreen...

Hi Nick, & Beekeeping Friends,

I think that most interested beekeepers are well aware of the fact that
bees have virus and maybe all that have been looked at, (which would be
very few of the total numbers), have Kashmir virus. Really what does this
have to do with the question;

 "Has a dramatic loss of bees because of  Kishmar Virus or suspected
Kishmar virus happened or is happening in Australia?"

I really thought that would be knowledge that others would like to share
and for sure is important to know even if it is only what beekeeper think
is going on in their bees...in their locations. Who knows maybe the poster
got it mixed up and meant to ask if any bees from "Kismar", INDIA have been
found in Australia, that I could understand if there is such a place as
press reports do indicate that "thousands of bees from India have been
found in Australia". <ABC NEWS 6.16.98> Wonder how many hives or colonies
that is?

Some have said I may bee part of the Left Coast Right Wing Conspiracy here
in the Republic of America but I know nothing about any conspiracy head
quartered in Denmark that would be making "smoke" about the health of bees
in Australia, but maybe some do see smoke when they read a straight answer
can not be made to what I would have thought was a simple straight forward
question from one beekeeper to other beekeepers. (I won't repeat the
question.)

Anyway if there is anyone who knows of any reason why any beekeeper in
Denmark would want to cause what some seem to see as an "international
incident" at least to some outside of my own hemisphere I would like to be
informed by personal E-Mail as I don't see it now.

ttul, Andy-

For the up to date Beekeeping NEWS
from beekeeper to beekeeper try:

http://beenet.com/bnews.htm