From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:04:51 -0500
On  2 Mar 97 at 22:17, Robert Stevens wrote: Re: Nassenheider Evaporator
vs Pads

Allen Dick wrote
> > Of course, I am not sure about how many of the Nassenheider claims to
> > believe, since, for one thing, the literature that comes with my
> > Nassenheider Evaporator claims 'an acaricide effect of appr. 90% was
> > achieved in sealed brood cells'.  (If this is truly the case, then we had
> > better watch out because the +Tracheal Mites+ in Germany now seek out
> > sealed brood, and not predominently 1 to 4 day old bees as they do here).

Robert Stevens Wrote
> This is fascinating - could you elucidate - how do they do it - do they
> actually penetrate the cappings?

Having read the instructions...  carefully, the author writing the
instructions is in fact talking about Varroa, not Trachael mites.
        The first line quotes "for the combat against Varroa mites of bees"
further in the statement is made "An acaricide effect of aprox. 90% was
achieved in sealed brood cells". Nothing about T-mites.
        Instructions are only as good as the person reading them.
I would point out, there is patent protection on this unit. German Pat No.
DBP D.D. 292 141

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171
Dealers for E.H.Thorne & B.J.Sherriff UK
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks