From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 20:12:02 -0700
George Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
What I'm concerned with, is that these ladies  are more or less  Russian or some other strain that won't buildup fast enough in the spring for  the citrus bloom.

Superceding has been an ongoing phenomena for me this season
Aren't Caucasian bees dark and/or grey?  If of Russian derivation, might try open feeding dilute sugar syrup and pollen substitute about a month and a half before the orange blossom season begins.

Some of beekeepers in the south west part of Alabama are having trouble with supercedure and queenlessness.  And it doesn't even seem to have any correllation between old drawn brood frames (contamination?) and newly drawn brood frames where no treatment has been given.  Haven't found any causes yet.  We're looking and trying to find cause/s but, having no hypothesis, it's kinda hard.

Mike in LA   (Lower Alabama)