From:
Charlie Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:09:35 -0500
To:  Pure Jane
Re:  Crystallization of Honey

It has been my observation that honey when exposed to very cold
temperatures will crystallize much quicker.  If the honey is not
stored in warm temperatures after bottling it will likely re-
crystallize quickly.

It may well be in China that the room where the honey is being stored
is not heated.  You may need to educate your customers to store the
honey in heated rooms.

Another solution may be to do what I have seen in some places in the
U.S.  Some beekeepers attach a small label to their containers of
honey explaining that pure honey will crystallize and that there
is nothing wrong with it.  It then gives a method of liquifing the
honey.

Charlie
Charles R. Bradley
Extension Educator