From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 14:37:41 -0400
Allen wrote:
"... The implication (of one very large "super colonies" is) that the
whole yard would have to be considered as one colony and bees would move
freely
from one colony to another which would have some implications for colony
management that may not be all good...."

I hope my paraphrasing is not stating things that Allen did not say.  But,
is this not
very close to what Babe did with her 8-colony bear-proof setup?  She
effectively set
up an 8-queen "super colony" where the bees moved freely amongst colonies
and supers.

I cannot speculate regarding this and the Cape bee.

/Aa