From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:45:39 -0500
>I find that my participation is time consuming (my most precious asset)
and that it clutters my hard disk. I am about to request that I be removed
from the list due to the two reasons explained above.

Personally, I’ve very disappointed to hear this.

>I apologize for contributing to the surge of emails lately. I am going to
remain quiet for a while.

Peter:
In my opinion there is entirely too much pedantic drivel on Bee-L--way
more  than there ought to be-- but your remarks are always well thought out
and BACKED-UP by modern day references and not by something that someone
wrote over a hundred and fifty years ago. Some of the writers here
apparently are unable to refrain from putting two or three long-winded
superficial articles on the list day in and day out.

My mail box used to be cluttered, too. However, I changed my listserv
settings so that I can simply go to the bee-l site and read postings. I
more or less know which ones to ignore. Your remarks are generally always
read. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with the group.
Regards,
Dick

P.S. A co-worker at my job has this on his desk: “Never argue with an
idiot. Idiots will only bring you down to their level and beat you up with
their experience.”