From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:31:51 EST
Dear Bee List Members,

    At the winter slowdown, there is more time for reflection, and one
thought often comes back, the thought of Andy Nachbaur, whose passing almost
two years ago took a lot of spice out of the Bee List.   Opinionated but very
intelligent, Andy kept us all on our toes. You didn't have to agree with him
to like and respect him for his real caring for the bees, and his vast
knowledge from years of experience. Andy was  also a pioneer in online
apiculture.

    Andy, It ain't the same without you!

    Curiously, Andy lived on in cyberspace. His web page, frozen in time,
just as he left it, was still online until just a few days ago.  He must have
prepaid his account for quite a while. Sadly that resource has now
disappeared as well. It's like a second death.  There were still some
resources available there.  I tried accessing a copy of the site via Google's
cache, but they only have a partial first page. Does anyone else know if any
full copies of the site have been preserved?  I shoulda, I know, while it was
available....

    Some of Andy's thoughts and the tributes after his death can still be
accessed by searching his name at the Bee List archives search engine at:
http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?S1=bee-l

Dave Green    Janitor, Clerk, and Bottlewasher
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com