From:
Kathleen Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:02:19 -0500
On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 04:31  PM, allen dick wrote:

> Maybe those queen producers who make this effort for their customers
> can
> then expect to ask a slightly higher price for their queens or expect
> be preferred suppliers.  Maybe they can get a marketing advantage out
> of
> it.

During the Queen Rearing session at Niagara Falls in December, I said
that " as a good breeder queen with papers(stated qualities) can be
worth $500 or more, and a ?queen?  $10, there is lots of room for
breeders of quality queens to be rewarded for their good work."  Many
queen producers use terms like hygienic to describe their queens. If
they are proven to have a hygienic trait they are worth more to the
purchaser.  Word of mouth will quickly give the marketing advantage
that Allen talks of.

Bob Darrell
Caledon, Ontario
Canada