From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 2015 11:17:01 -0400
"So, would it be inappropriate to ask what immediate changes took place and how did they bring about a reduction in losses?

PLB"

A number of beekeepers, migratory beekeepers from NY and VT, get together for an evening meal and conversation in SC as often we can, weekly if possible. We all noticed less Winter loss and strong colonies this Spring. When I asked one of the other beekeepers "What did we do right?", his response was, "Nothing." It wasn't anything we did. Or if it was, nobody can point to what the 4 or 5 operations all did the same that produced the results. It isn't very satisfying to say so, but some things are just a mystery and not in our control.

I suspect that BIP doesn't know either.