From:
Glyn Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 16:52:48 GMT
At 16:10 16/01/97 -0500, David Evre wrote:

>I think you are wrong. Two obvious errors on examination of the proposal
>to produce a second list.
>        Firstly. To subscribe to Bestofbee means to give up the right to
reply as
>there will be no postings made. All it will be is a condensed version of
>Bee-L.
>        Secondly. To post to Bestofbee means you have to subscribe to
Bee-L, which means
>you now will receive two mailing lists.
>        The whole thing is futile waste of time!!!

>The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171

David,
I think you are are hasty in your judgement.  Yes Bee-L is fine at the
moment except that, like parts of Canada, it is beginning to signs of stress
due to its popularity.  This is just OK at the moment but as Bee-L
pleasantly caters for everyone from the unknowing to the very knowledgeable
and also will become increasingly crowded over the next few years, surely a
new system for managing the List has to be sought.  Bestofbee is an idea -
from people who are prepared to give it a go.  Progress is mostly made from
efforts that don't quite work out as expected but the attempt has to be
made.   Aren't Canadians respected world wide for their tolerance and
pioneering spirit?  Hence  "Progress Drive"!

Regards,

Glyn Davies, Ashburton, Devon UK