From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:32:28 -0500
Humdinger wrote:
> Bees ought to be the Masters in beekeeping, not the beekeeper.

Leave alone beekeeping like my grandfather practiced does not work today.
Most beekeepers which are looking to the old bee books for answers to
today's tough beekeeping problems are out of business except for a few left
it seems on the  BEE-L list.

Watching a hive entrance can tell you many things.

Opening the hive can tell you many more things.

  New beekeepers at first cannot keep from looking in a hive (almost daily).
Then as interest falls they settle for glancing at the entrance  very once
in a while. I have seen this scenario repeated over and over since I started
beekeeping as a teenager.

Bob