Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 12:40:58 -0400
 > Another possibility as to why they fell off the map: they discovered that
 > the bees they kept, in the place where they kept them, required them to
 > dispense insecticides inside their hives... they decided to quit
beekeeping
 > and do something else.

Exactly, so we'll count them among the failed "no treatment" group along
with myself who decide that I'd rather sell my commercial operation than
use coumaphos.  That was not the only reason, but it was in  the top three.

 > Another thought about the timing of the use of insecticides in your
hives:
 > the instructions invariably say dispense AFTER a nectar flow not
during or
 > before.  But let's not forget that AFTER the last one is always
BEFORE the
 > next one.

I've not seen anything like that, and I do read labels (and sometimes
criticize
the wording to those who write them up).

Please quote the label to which you refer and we'll see what we can do to
correct that.