Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 10:12:12 -0800
Dear Bee-L 'ers

I am directing this question to those of you who have experience in
pollinating berries.  I keep many hives on an estate that has many
formal gardens.  As part of this estate, there is a very large berry
garden which is kept under 3/4"x3/4" netting to keep the birds away.
The netting is needing to be replaced and the owners are looking at
different netting that is 1/2"x1/2".  The question was raised, will the
bees keep going through the netting if it is down sized to 1/2" square
openings from 3/4" openings?  The bees don not seem to mind going
through the 3/4" netting at this time.

Does anyone have the answer to this question??  What is the smallest
size netting bees will pass through to get to the berry blossoms?

They know the need the bees in the berries and don't want to buy netting
that will keep them out.

If anyone out there has experience with this sort of thing, please
e-mail me personally as it most likely will not interest anyone else.

My address is: [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much.

--
Mason Harris,