From:
Tom Speight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:30:31 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Automatic digest
processor <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Does anyone know
>what it is that attracts varroa to drone brood, or have ideas about
>possibilities?
As I understand it, it is something called Juvenile Hormone (Don't ask
me what it looks like). The ammount of JH varies between species and
also according to season.
Drone larva have something like 5mg/ml and workers 3.5mg/ml.
I'm no chemist, it's just something I read somewhere.
--
Tom S