From:
Jerry Fries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 11:54:22 -0900

><< A good friend of mine, who is not hooked into the net, has requested that
>I ask about
> honeybee strains adapted to a climate like ours.
>  >>

>I would suggest that you try the ARS-Y-C-1 Yugoslavian Stock. This stock has
>shown to have some of the best wintering traits of any we have evaluated here
>at HBI.
>I would then take the survivors and raise queens from them the following
>generation.
>
>Dean M. Breaux
>Hybri-Bees Inc.
>Breeding Better Bees
We have at least one bee breeder here in the Anchorage Alaska who breeds
Queens they are reasonably successefull  . Our problem here is we are a
small market so everything is small time. In addition in the same way that
I suspect is the same , A lot of beekeepers do not like each other this
shrinks the market even smaller. Finally some beekeepers simply want to do
thier own thing and be left alone. I have made it a point to find out as
much as possible who most of them are and what they are doing but in trying
to bring this information to the larger group I found myself meeting
tremendous resistance. I decided to claim failier on that account and go on
my own the same as the rest of the so called rugged indiviulist. But if the
list wantst any of this info I have collected , I will share my beekeeping
obssetion with them.

Jerry
Fries