From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 20:09:40 -0400
On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 7:09 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> We used this method mainly to invert sugars but the ABC suggestion is
> making noise in my head as a prophylactic measure against Nosema, isn't it?
>
> I think it could be interesting to check levels of HMF in sugar syrup with
> tartaric acid again and to study if calcium chelator effect of tartaric
> acid has impact in Nosema grow.

Fernando, would HFCS be considered an inverted sugar?

If so, based on google search Fructose have 18 mg of calcium while sugar
have 1 mg in 100 grams. (didn't find a value for inverted sugar).

But, eventough I haven't found one piece of research that at the same time
of experimenting the effects of different syrup will follow nosema spore
count, I see there is no definitive answer if HFCS is better or worst than
Sugar Syrup.

as an example, this one says Sugar Syrup is better
Comparison of Productivity of Colonies of Honey Bees, *Apis mellifera*,
Supplemented with Sucrose or High Fructose Corn Syrup

But this other one says HFCS is better (even better tha Inverted sugar)
Effect of three energy-protein diets on the population and honey production
of honey bee (Apis mellifera) colonies
http://novascientia.delasalle.edu.mx/ojs/index.php/Nova/article/view/1110