From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:49:56 -0400
On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 1:35 PM, randy oliver wrote:

> > > I notice this graph
> >

> http://www.veto-pharma.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/lutte_contre_varroa_population_EN.jpg
> > with a warning "! Mass transfer of parasitism from male brood to the
> worker
> > brood of winter bees". That for end of summer during harvest time.
> >

> Juanse, that graph appears to be based upon fantasy rather than fact.  I am
> privileged to have an extensive data set from a researcher who dissected
> thousands of worker and drone cells.  During the summer, roughly 1/6th
> (from memory) of the mites were in drone brood.

Correct, I do not have data against to compare however i was thinking not
on drone brood but rather on adult drones.

I mean, if a colony have between 10% to 20% adult drone population and
assuming an even distribution of foretic varroa between drones and workers,
varroa load over worker should increase when drones are expelled from the
hives at summer end, should it?