From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:00:13 -0400
Bob wrote:

> In certain years these ocean containers *sweat* condensation and a white
mold can appear on the top of stored pallets. A light spray of bleach
solution quickly kills the mold.

and

> I like the simple solution. Using acetic acid means stacking boxes up and
> sealing all holes. Placing the acid and waiting until evaporated ( a week?
> 10 days).

The ocean containers are fairly tight aren't they Bob?  I know I store comb
in three tractor trailer boxes that are fairly tight.  I have thought that
a fan blowing air over an open container of glacial acetic and through two
perforated pipes of the type used in sewage tile beds at the top two edges
of the trailer (acetic fumes are heavier than air and sink) might treat
comb quite simply without wrapping etc.

But we don't have much trouble getting freezing temperatures here.

Stan